From the popular turquoise, amethyst, opal, and mother-of-peal stones to the not so common larimar, carnelian, rhodochrosite, and chalcedony gems, there is bound to be a perfect piece of gemstone jewelry for you from us!
Five ways to have fun with gemstones:
1. Pick out a gemstone that is your favorite color, or just "speaks" to you.
2. Read about gemstone meanings and pick the one for what ails you.
3. Your birth month's gemstone may have more than one, or be different than you thought.
4. Start a collection and trade with friends for a fun, ever-changing jewelry box.
5. Pick out a gem based on your heritage. "For instance, in early Indian culture, diamonds were associated with the gods and were used to decorate idols. In traditional Islamic cultures, an agate ring was thought to offer protection from mishaps and victory over one's enemies. Jade was theroyal gem in early Chinese culture; while lapis lazuli was highly prized by the pharaohs of ancient Egypt." (New World Encyclopedia)